Sunday, September 14, 2008

Proofs.

Proofs are proving something in math. Or specifically geometry. Ugh. Anyways, I'm not super at them. So, in order to memorize these postulates and theorems, I will post them. Please don't get bored by me. I'm just doing it for my own sake. So just ignore this if you want. I guess. If you really want to. Here we go:

Some Theorems and Postulates and Properties and Definitions:
Addition Property: if a=b and c=d then a+c=b+d
Subtraction Property: if a=b and c=d then a-c=b-d
Multiplication Property: if a=b then ca=cb
Division Property:it a=b and c doesn't = o then a/c=b/c
Substitution Property: if a=b then either a or b may be subbed for the other in any equation or inequality
Reflexive Property: a=a
Symmetric Property: if a=b then b=a
Transitive Property: if a=b and b=c then a=c
Theorem 2.1 (Midpoint Theorem): if M is the midpoint of AB then Am=1/2AB and MB=1/2AB
Definition of a Midpoint: a point that divides a segment into 2 congruent parts
Theorem 2.2 (Angle Bisector Theorem): if ray BX is the bisector of Theorem 2.3 (Vertical Angle Theorem): vertical angles are congruent.
Theorem 2.4: if 2 lines are perpendicular, then they form congruent adjacent angles.
Theorem 2.5 (converse of 2.4): if 2 line form congruent adjacent angles then the lines are perpendicular
Theorem 2.6: if the exterior sides of 2 adjacent acute angles are perpendicular, then the angles are complementary
Theorem 2.7: If 2 angles are supplementary of congruent angles (or the same angle) then the two angles are congruent
Theorem 2.8: if two angles are complementary of congruent angles, then the two angles are congruent


Mind you, this is just for me in order to memorize these. But wait, there's more. Later though! See ya! Peace out!

1 comment:

  1. wow. that's nice, I guess. Kinda crazy. maybe I should use this to help myself....yeah...
    sorry I keep missing you.

    ReplyDelete