Saturday, November 1, 2008

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!







So, happy halloween people! It was fun, I guess. I didn't go trick-or-treating; my mom said I was too old and I had to hand out candy. Darn. So I passed candy to little kids. It was pretty odd though how no one who was older than me except for the parents. Oddness. Also, the strangest thing was that a mom was actually trick-or-treating with her son. She actually had her own bucket of candy and was saying trick-or-treat. Hmmm..maybe she was getting it for someone else. Anyways, it was a pretty slow night, here's the pattern:

Me: (Listening to music and partially watching a truck race on TV)
Door: Ding-Dong! (Maybe another ding-dong if they were impatient)
Me: Ah! (Yanking iPod out of ears and running to door)
Kids: (Through glass door so they can see me) Trick-or-Treat!!!
Me: (Holding back my gianormous dog so she won't go balistic on them and unlocking the stupid glass door) Hello!
Me: (Grabbing candy bowl) Here you go!
Kids: Thank you!!!
Me: Happy Halloween!
Kids and/or parents lurking on the sidewalk: Happy Halloween!

So just follow this pattern about ten times through the night and there you go. My Halloween night. Exciting, yes? So, yup. Halloween. It was mostly little kids though, meaning age 6 and under. And the strangest thing about that was that I got about three groups of six to seven of those little kids...(melodramatic statement)...And when Halloween came, it was lurking of herds of children flitting from door to door, hoping to scavenge or find the elusive plastic-wrapped sweets they were crazy for. By the by, say that in a deep, creepy, announcer-person like voice. It makes it more Halloweenish. Strange word. Strange holiday. But I like it. Sayonara and happy late Halloween!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment