Friday, February 13, 2009

Congratulations! Would you like to take a bow?

I don't know what's really up with the title, but it just fits. Somehow... So, this weekend, pour moi, is 4 1/2 days long!!! I'm so excited. Put your hands up and...Shout! nananana..Shout! nanannaa...Shout! --that's a song if you just thought that was plain random of me. You should look it up if you've never heard it. It's called Shout. I think.-- Anyways, I had my first track meet ('practice track meet') on Wednesday, so I got to skip all of English. It wasn't really a good day to skip that since we had a test but...oh well. Life will go on. I will make it up. The end. But what surprised me was that we practiced the day after...I guess I was hoping we'd, you know, celebrate or something like that and take the day off but...no. So when we got out of the locker room, coach is like, "Go run a mile instead of your regular 2 warm-up laps." And we just stared for a moment...and unfortunately started to run when it appeared he wasn't joking. Then we worked out in the weight room. Not too bad...I guess... On the other hand, I actually have a funny story to tell. Here we go:

So me and my friend (yes I know it's improper grammar but that's just too bad) and two other friends went up to the library before school because the latter two, let's call them A and B, had to type something up for English. So, my friend C and I sat down at one of the tables in the libaray, since there were no computers open, to wait. We felt sort of awkward sitting at a table doing nothing so we decided to look for a book that we could read while we waited. We also needed something to do(or look like we're doing since the librarian is renowned for yelling at people who are doing nothing and just wasting space in the library. I actually haven't witnessed this; the librarian hasn't been mean to me.) Anyways, so we looked for a book and came back to our table with a book that was written in both in English and Spanish. It was basically about a little girl moving from Mexico to California and how's she's scared and excited and worried and etc. So it was this giant picture book that you would normally assumed a first-grader was reading or something. So we started to read it...and read it...and snigger at the absurdity of the situation once and a while. Then the librarian came over...to our table. Me and my friend sorta freaked out as she approached or at least I did. She asked us what we were reading. We turned over the book to its cover and presented towards her. After that, she started to talk about how she was getting more of these books in and how a lot of the Spanish/English books looked like kid's books but they would really help out in our Spanish classes. Then she asked what Spanish teacher we had; was it Mrs. X? I didn't respond and hoped she wouldn't ask me directly since I take FRENCH!!! My friend C answered and said she had Mr. Y. The librarian looked a little disappointed and then walked away. Be aware that I was nearly bursting from not laughing this whole time so I let it out now. And told C that I took French. We both succumbed (weird word) to the hilariousness of the situation. Then we put up our Spanglish book and went to look for an elusive teacher that I needed to schedule my make-up test with. We failed to find her since it turned out that she was SICK! That was her third day of being sick. Sigh...

So that's the story and pretty much the end of my post. Maybe. Definately Maybe. That's an awsome song, I think I'll put it up here soon. If you haven't heard it, check it out. It's by FM Static. Interesting band name, don' t you think? Well, I gotta go. Sayonara!

No comments:

Post a Comment