Saturday, February 21, 2009

Take Two....And CUT!!!

So it's my first official track meet. 12ish teams were there. Sorta intimidating if you know what I mean. Spotlight's on you. Not a team sport. It's all you, kid, it's all you. That sounds like a line from a movie. Probably is. Sorry I stole it. So...the meet. I ran one event. Uno. Une. One. The 200 meter. So I had to go through the sign up thing for the first time and that was annoying since my name wasn't on there as well as Friend X's. So we ran under other names. Very irritating. Then we have to take off our cozy warm sweats and kneel down on the grass in the infield as we're arranging in order for our heats. So I'm freezing. Freezing fun. Trying to warm up by doing random exercises. I'm freaking out on the inside. My heat's up. Luckily, this time I know how to do the blocks. Yay!!! And so it starts... The best thing I can say is I actually got a pretty good start-off and that I gave it my all. Unfortunately that was not enough. Sigh. I gotta a lot of work to do. I certainly know I didn't win a medal. Yup. Okay, I got...last place. Stinks, yeah? Yeah it does. But the catch was that I was running against varsity. Which lessens the hurt a little. Just a little. Sigh. Will I ever stop sighing in this post. I dunno. Anyway, I gotta get over it. Whatever. Anyways....right now I'm writing a letter to a friend about what Juliet's been up to in Act 2 scenes 3-6. Yup, it's sort of annoying to read the old R&J again. But...at least I know it. Oh yeah and in English class, Ms. X asked if anyone had seen the Leonardo di Caprio version of it and I WAS THE ONLY ONE!!! It. Was. Awesome. Seeing their faces take in this totally weird version. Totally worth it. Loved every minute. I love that version. But we only saw the balcony scene not scene one where everybody's shooting everybody. Too bad...scene 1's exciting. Ahhh... Weeeell, I gotta get back to homework. I guess. Maybe. Definately maybe. Everybody better have listened to that awesome song by the way. DO NOT PAUSE IT. Please don't stop the music...(another song but I really mean the meaning). So...I still have another night of sleeping in....yay! How exciting. Oh and also, I have to make a mardi gras mask for French. That is why you should take French. Absolutely. I know I'm not alone on this one. Okay, I'm going now. So, see ya later alligators. Sayonara. Yawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment