Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Huh. Really?

I have no idea what I'm going to write right now. Absolutely no idea. I guess I'll say something that actually has a point...umm... I got a haircut!!! Yay! Which means I have sorta side bangs which are really annoying when you're running. Just to point that out. So...life's complicated. Period. Yup. Aww, that makes me smile, that word "yup". So cute. Aw. Okay, the 'awwing' is over, I swear. Maybe not. Anyways, today in English we were doing stage directions in a scene of Romeo and Juliet which is basically like saying "R. moves to L.C. and wears a frowning expression." and stuff like that. By the by, L.C. stands for left center on the stage. Then we have to perform this thing. Ah. That's just...wrong. And...oh, I don't know, I'm just not the acting type. So we did that and eventually after brainstorming our heads out on the first page, we got way off topic. And it turned into homework. Oh well...I did already. So earlier, I made up a test from last week which was a relief but only to figure out that I missed a quiz too. REALLLY????? ---me, shouting to the sky--- Nothing else really happened today except for getting totally exhausted in track with 2 500's and 3 200's. Oh yeah, and I forgot to tell you about the practice track meet. Weeeell, me and my friend X (do NOT make me ramble about the privacy issues again people!!!), were both in the 100 and 200, so we had to use the dreaded...BLOCKS. You know, the things that track people take off from...on their feet? Those little thing-a-ma-bobs. And the problem was that both of us had never ever used the blocks before properly!! They didn't teach us. So the first race for us, the 100, we lined up and tried to copy everyone else. Friend X was more successful than me because after the announcer guy said "get set" he said "all heads should be behind the green line." The green line was the starting line. And yes that was me he was pointing out. How charming. Lovely. Ick. So we started off and I lost. Duh, I didn't get a launch off really. And it turns out that we were running with the Varsity girls somehow. I think. At least that's what Friend X tells me. Next was the 200 which came an hour later. This one I did better. I sorta kinda figured out those hideously stupid blocks and was doing pretty good until my legs sorta paralyzed on the last 50 meters. Not a happy feeling at all. Felt like I was going in s-l-o-w motion and practically everyone sped past me. Ya......no. So that's that. This week I hope to learn how to master those ignorant, blocky blocks...and yup. That makes me smile. Soooooooo....Sayonara!

1 comment:

  1. i know exactly how you feel about the blocks...i despise them...this time the word thingy is imshed. weird.

    ReplyDelete